5546Re: [mythsoc] Re: David's list of fictionalized Lewises and Tolkiens

  • David S. Bratman
    Mar 8, 2002
      At 07:50 PM 3/8/2002 , Joe Christopher wrote:

      >I may just have missed it, but did anyone mention that Lewis appears as
      >John Hamilton in Greg Evans' "Oracle," _Asimov's Science Fiction_, July
      >2000? It is reprinted in both anthologies of the best SF of the year--my
      >copy is in _The Year's Best Science Fiction: Eighteenth Annual Collection_,
      >ed. Gardner Dozois (New York: St. Martin's Griffin, 2001), pp. 506-549.
      >Unfortunately, in his note at the end Evans indicates he has followed A. N.
      >Wilson's biography.
      >
      >Why don't you do an annotated checklist of the fictional uses of Tolkien,
      >Lewis, and Williams (and Barfield, if any) sometime?

      I may do just that. The intent of my post was to list the ones that came
      to mind, ferret out ones I hadn't heard of (thanks for the Evans!), and to
      hope that maybe someone knows the ones I'm thinking of but can't remember
      too ...

      David Bratman
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic