5538Re: [mythsoc] Why the middle ages are so popular in fiction

  • jamcconney@aol.com
    Mar 8, 2002
      In a message dated 3/8/2002 10:33:31 AM Central Standard Time,
      dianejoy@... writes:

      > Now if we were only as smart in moral realms

      Do you mean the moral realms of generic-medieval or real-medieval?

      If the latter, I don''t really think an era that practiced slavery, burned
      dissidents at the stake, and practiced judicial torture as a matter of course
      has much going for it in moral terms. War, on the other hand, we seem always
      to have with us....sigh.
      Jamaq