539Re: Harry Potter Slams Narnia

  • Berni Phillips
    Aug 6, 1999
      Stolzi@... wrote:

      > Well, not really, but I was bummed by this msg I got today:
      >
      > <<The NPR report ended with the WPost correspondent in England saying
      > something like, "These books are so wonderful and so full of magic. They're
      > so much better than those books we all had to read when we were children,
      > like those old Narnia books.">>
      >
      > Mary S

      Whoever wrote that was lucky he got Narnia to read. It seemed like
      every elementary school teacher I had wanted to read us _Brighty of the
      Grand Canyon_ (a book about a mule) over and over again. I love
      animals, but I'm not particularly keen on animal stories.

      Berni
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic