5065Re: [mythsoc] Carpenter's biography

  • Vincent Ferre
    Feb 6, 2002
      thanks for your answer.
      I do agree : Carpenter's biography is the best, even if it is sometimes too exclusively factual ; I do not like Pearce's, nor Grotta's, not to speak of Coren's...

      Vincent Ferré

      The bibliography of Tolkien's writings has been updated and corrected in
      various reprintings. I believe the text remains unchanged, though a few
      factual errors - mostly about the details of the composition of Tolkien's
      works - have been uncovered in the course of work on the "History of
      Middle-earth" series.
      Carpenter's biography remains remarkably accurate and very insightful, far
      superior to any other biographies of Tolkien.

      David Bratman