4887Re: The 'Ring' around the collar

  • David J Finnamore
    Jan 1, 2002
      The Lady Proudbrook wrote:

      > I think the most effective means I've found for enjoying the film, is to
      > assume that the movie is made from the story of these events as preserved NOT
      > in the Red Book of Westmarch by the Hobbits, but by some other group, perhaps
      > a group of Men living isolated off in the eastern or northern wilds, which
      > has a different oral tradition. (Or maybe even a group of Men on a far isle,

      Maybe from a land somewhere south of Mt. Shasta and north of the Baja wastes? A land of industrial light and magic. Men led by the mighty Kings of Burger, for whom the tale grows more violent in the telling.

      Sorry, couldn't resist. Like Matt, I really did enjoy it much more the second time and will likely go again. I'm looking forward to the next two.

      David J. Finnamore
      Nashville, TN, USA
      I can't be an anti-intellectualist. I don't even know what it means.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic