47MFA Adult nominations

  • Matthew Winslow
    Jan 1, 1999
      Here's my list of nominations for the 1998 Adult MFA that I've already
      sent off to David.

      History of our World Beyond the Wave -- RE Klein
      Song for the Basilisk -- McKillip
      Mockingbird -- Sean Stewart
      Book of Knights -- Yves Meynard
      Night Watch -- Sean Stewart
      Darwinia -- Robert Charles Wilson
      Smoke and Mirrors -- Neil Gaiman

      As I've mentioned here before, I felt it was a thin year for works to
      nominate. Looking at my bookshelves, most of the good stuff I bought this
      year were (aside from the above) reprints of some of the good ole stuff
      (Dunsany, Moorcock, Leiber).

      Anyway, I've included two Sean Stewart works on this list. I highly
      recommend him to any and all. It's been rightly said of his work that no
      two books are the same. I was tempted to include a third on this list
      (Cloud's End), but decided against it. Still, Cloud's End is probably the
      most appropriate for the list -- Stewart stated that he wrote it as an
      attempt to pay homage to Tolkien. Like all his stuff, it is well written
      and enjoyable to read.

      Anyway, happy reading in '99 to all.

      Matthew Winslow mwinslow@...
      http://www.firinn.org/~mwinslow/
      "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading
      them." - Joseph Brodsky

      Currently reading: Shakespeare: The Invention of the Human by Harold Bloom