      From: dianejoy@... [mailto:dianejoy@...]
      Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2001 3:04 PM
      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 755

      Original Message:
      -----------------
      From: Steve Schaper sschaper@...
      Steve Schaped print into sentences thusly:

      <<Well, I enjoyed the HP movie. It was fun.>>

      Lots o' fun, though I had some quibbles.

      <<Reading Rowling's books from a Chestertonian perspective sure is
      interesting. (She is a Chesterton fan)>>

      Proves that many evengelical folk (those afraid of "occult influences in
      HP") have not read GKC. They should.

      <<But the Burger King ads.

      Surely Saruman must have had them written up by his marketing people? They
      are all about how wonderful it would be to possess the Ring. . . .>>

      Urk. Though I have to admit that I liked the principle of the "light up"
      goblet and got one---only one---Gandalf. Rather disappointed that other
      characters didn't have different colors of lights; Gandalf, being identified
      with the ring of fire, red was appropriate. But Arwen should have been lit
      in blue, Strider in green, and Frodo in white. I'd actually like to get a
      Klingon goblet, and fit the light base on the bottom of it. Now that would
      be a Neat Effect. ---djb

      http://mail2web.com/ .

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor