3882Re: Myth and religion in LOTR

  • Michael Martinez
    Sep 7, 2001
      --- In mythsoc@y..., "Grace E. Funk" <gfunk@j...> wrote:
      > I tried to send this message a few days ago, but I haven't seen it
      > appear, so I'll try again.

      I saw your message. Like me, no one else responded the first time.
      Your question is a bit too esoteric for my own tastes and research.
      I've certainly seen a few people on the Internet take a whack at the
      topic. I've given it half-hearted attention myself. But formal
      literature? I can't help you.

      Just wanted you to know that someone had read your earlier message.
      Good luck. But I think that's a tough topic, unless you decide to
      mine all the familiar sources (Shippey, Kosher, Carpenter, etc.).

      I did see something a year or two ago, a scan of an article from a
      Catholic magazine. I'm not sure of where it would be. Possibly
      TheOneRing.Net, possibly TolkienOnline.Com. I don't think it was
      quite what you had in mind, but might have had some references to
      look for.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic