3862Re: [mythsoc] quotation question

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Sep 1 7:33 PM
      In a message dated 09/01/2001 5:26:19 PM Central Daylight Time,
      tedsherman@... writes:

      > Can anyone tell me whether the following quote from Morgoth's Ring is
      > accurate?

      Which reminds me, LOTR itself must have been corrected, and corrected, and
      corrected - yet today I found a typo (an omitted word) on p. 366 of the
      one-vol paperback.

      Would it be a good idea to have a Group Read here in the months leading up to
      the movie release? And if so, of the first volume only (which approximates
      what is covered in the first movie), or of the whole thing?

      I myself am (as of today) now pursuing the captured hobbits up to the eaves
      of Fangorn, and thinking that the best parts (still) are perhaps from the
      leaving of Rivendell up to the leaving of Lothlorien. The approach to
      Caradhras and the failure there, the entry into Moria, and the realm of
      Galadriel... sheer magic, all of it.

      Mary S
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic