3776Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 657

  • Margaret Dean
    Aug 10, 2001
      Steve Schaper wrote:

      > > From: Stolzi@...

      > > As to my other question, anyone know what Boyens meant when she said it was a
      > > lucky stroke that Viggo Mortensen came to be cast as Aragorn?
      > >
      > > I haven't seen his acting, of course, but he LOOKS so right... a big relief
      > > to me.

      > Mortenson is about 20 years too young. And where did the goatees come
      > in? Dunedain aped the Elves, so they shaved.

      In the =wilderness?= I can see them shaving when they were at
      home, so to speak (and in Gondor of course), but on the trail I
      can't imagine them bothering. I've always "seen" Aragorn with a
      beard for that reason, at least when he's being Strider.

      --Margaret Dean
      <margdean@...>
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic