3775Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 657

    Aug 10, 2001
      In a message dated 8/10/01 12:04:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      sschaper@... writes:

      > Mortenson is about 20 years too young. And where did the goatees come
      > in? Dunedain aped the Elves, so they shaved.

      It seems to me that all the parts were cast too young. I had thought that
      Galadriel should be played by some 50-ish bombshell actress - Susan Sarandon,
      Catherine Deneuve, Francesca Annis, or some such. Having her played by the
      30-to 31-year-old (as of the time of the filming) Cate Blanchett is weird.