3761Re: [mythsoc] AotC

  • Margaret Dean
    Aug 7, 2001
      What weirded me out about reading Shippey's =Author of the
      Century= was how much of the book consisted of the same points he
      made in =The Road to Middle-earth= and maybe one or two of his
      intervening papers on Tolkien, just with a different organization
      and emphasis. So it "felt" familiar (I've read TRtME a good
      fraction of the number of times I've read JRRT) and new at the
      same time.

      Of the two, I actually like "Road" better, but then the
      philological angle has always intrigued me.

      --Margaret Dean
      <margdean@...>
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic