3760Re: [mythsoc] AotC

  • Steve Schaper
    Aug 7, 2001
      I am enjoying _Author of the Century_, and am learning new things, but
      the middle section, where I am, is somewhat diminished due to some
      misunderstandings that Dr. Shippey has of Christianity, including
      Tolkien's Catholicism. :-( It is right for us to enjoy Middle-earth,
      because of Who made it, and we are promised that it will be cleansed or
      re-made, as we are told by Tolkien about the second song of the Ainur,
      where the firstborn and secondborn will join them, and things will be
      made aright. (there are other like bits he gets wrong, as well)
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic