3539Re: [mythsoc] Re: Article on Tolkien in _Salon_

  • David S. Bratman
    Jun 4, 2001
      Because both O'Hehir's articles look pretty good to me, much fairer, more
      accurate, and perceptive than the one in "American Prospect", for instance.
      Sorry that you apparently missed the sarcasm inherent in my reply.

      My point was, O'Hehir may not say anything particularly new or interesting,
      but there's lots of self-styled Tolkien experts, previously unknown to
      organized Tolkien fandom, writing articles on the Internet that are
      reasonably accurate and unobjectionable, but which say nothing particularly
      new or interesting. Some of them write for online magazines, some of them
      have their own web sites, self-publish books, or frequent Tolkien mailing
      lists. None of this is a sin.

      David Bratman