3437Re: [mythsoc] New Narnia books

  • Diane Joy Baker
    May 11, 2001
      From: Staci Dumoski <icats@...>
      To: Mythopoeic Society <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2001 12:39 AM
      Subject: [mythsoc] New Narnia books

      > I wonder if anyone has heard anything regarding this item mentioned in
      this
      > week's Inscriptions newsletter?
      >
      > "The estate of author C.S. Lewis has decided to commission new books based
      > on the author's Narnia characters. HarperCollins and the CS Lewis Company
      > are looking for established children's writers who'd like to create new
      > story lines within the world that began with "The Lion, The Witch and the
      > Wardrobe."
      >
      > Staci

      This has been listed in LOCUS, and I tend to trust their information. We've
      been discussing this on MereLewis. Most of us don't like the idea, but hope
      that the new things might be of good quality (and not antithetical to CSL's
      worldview). I suspect that it's all a ploy for Narnia dolls, plates,
      etc. ---all the other paraphenalia that goes with a fantasy world these
      days. Brrr! ---djb.