3424Re: [mythsoc] Authors misunderstanding Tolkien?

    May 8, 2001
      In a message dated 5/7/01 11:31:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      ERATRIANO@... writes:

      > It is not really
      > appropriate to try and apply the same standards to gaming as to novels

      True, and it's not really appropriate to apply the same standards to novels
      as to gaming. So the point is that only a limited set of criteria from
      gaming carries over to novels and only a limited set of criteria from novels
      carries over to gaming. I guess we are in agreement here. If you want to
      write (or criticize novels), you have to learn about how novels work. You
      shouldn't just automatically import things from gaming. If you want to
      create (or criticize) games, you should learn about how gaming works. You
      shouldn't just automatically import things from novels.