3414Re: [mythsoc] Another article on monkey's heads

  • David S. Bratman
    May 5, 2001
      At 10:51 AM 5/5/2001 -0400, Wendell wrote:

      >Note that while Rose was quoted in other news articles on this subject,
      >articles made it sound like Rose was only mildly disagreeing with White
      >the usefulness of his research. This article makes it clearly that Rose
      >thinks (as I do) that White is just a blowhard whose research is nothing
      >original and who is no closer to the real problems of head attachment (like
      >joining up the nervous system) than anyone else.

      It may be worth noting that Filostrato's experiment in THS didn't really
      work scientifically either. He just thought it did.

      >The following appeared in _News of the Wierd_ this week. _News of the
      >is a column that summarizes interesting, oddball news articles from
      >mainstream news sources.

      Is _News of the Wierd_ weirder than _News of the Weird_, or just wierder?

      David Bratman
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic