3325Re: [mythsoc] [Fwd: This music maybe of your interest ...]

  • ted sherman
    Apr 20, 2001
      Just a note to inform you that Mythlore 88 (the special Narnia issue) is at
      the printer. Barring any unseen difficulties, I plan to deliver the journals
      to the mailing agent on or before 1 May.

      Please accept my apologies for the delay in this issue, which is 97 pages in
      length. The table of contents for this issue is below:

      Editorial
      2
      Theodore James Sherman
      The "Correct" Order for Reading The Chronicles of Narnia?
      4
      Peter J. Schakel
      Aslan's Sacrifice and the Doctrine of Atonement in The Lion, the Witch and
      the Wardrobe 15
      Jay Ruud
      Apologist for the Past: The Medieval Vision of C. S. Lewis's "Space
      Trilogy" and Chronicles of Narnia 24
      Louis Markos
      "'Where Sky and Water Meet'": Christian Iconography in C. S. Lewis's The
      Voyage of the Dawn Treader 36
      Salwa Khoddam
      The Magician's Niece: The Kinship between J. K. Rowling and C. S. Lewis
      53
      Joy Farmer
      Mount Purgatory Arises near Narnia
      65
      Joe R. Christopher
      Book Reviews
      91
      The Nine Worlds: A Dictionary of Norse Mythology
      Mervyn Peake: My Eyes Mint Gold: A Life
      Vast Alchemies: The Life and Work of Mervyn Peake
      Letters
      95
      About the Contributors
      97