3272Re: [mythsoc] CS Lewis in Christianity Today

    Apr 11, 2001
      Yes, I know who Louis Markos is. He's an assistant professor of English at
      Houston Baptist College. He did a series of audiotapes (and videotapes also,
      I think) for The Great Courses of Tapes called _The Life and Works of C. S.
      Lewis_. I decided to review them for _Mythlore_, so I E-mailed him for some
      information about how he was chosen to do this series, how it was decided how
      long the tape series would be, how he prepared for this, etc. I mentioned
      the Mythopoeic Society. He later looked at the Society's website and decided
      that he should submit a paper to _Mythlore_, which (as Ted has mentioned) is
      now about to be published.

      I've messed around about writing the review of his tape, partly because it's
      not going to be easy to write. He seems like a very nice guy, but it's not a
      good course. It's the poorest of the 20 or so courses I've listened to from
      The Great Courses on Tape. (They're university-level course on various
      subjects.) I have to find a polite way to explain the problems I find in the
      course.