3248Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 548

    Mar 31 10:57 AM
      It's well known that early swords were made from meteoric iron, since that's
      an easy way for a primitive culture to get iron. Look at the following URL,
      for instance:

      http://members.tripod.com/bloodax/making_steel.html

      (Or search on Google with the words "sword," "iron," "meteoric," and "forge"
      to get dozens of sites about this subject.) So what is the real URL you were
      trying to post, Steve? I've tried searching the BBC site with every relevant
      word I can think of and I can't find anything about this. Why would such a
      story be in the Health section of the BBC site, anyway?