3103Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 527

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Mar 3, 2001
      In a message dated 3/3/01 10:53:42 AM Central Standard Time,
      sschaper@... writes:

      > Or carrots sauted in virgin olive oil.

      A little off topic, but I recently discovered that baby carrots, cut into
      fine rounds, =can= be sauteed/stir fried, and very good they are, too. Just
      smother or stir them long enough to get them slightly tender.

      As for mushroom culture, don't Pennsylvania farmers grow whole basements full
      of them?

      I can see where -visually- carrots would be funnier: capering young hobbits
      reach down, grab the leaves, and pull: then run away with swinging, bright
      orange, handfuls. A hat (say) full of amorphous brown lumps would not
      photograph as well.

      mary s
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic