3102Re: HOBBIT ACTORS CHAT

  • daeron@bellsouth.net
    Mar 3, 2001
      --- In mythsoc@y..., ERATRIANO@a... wrote:
      > In a message dated 03/03/2001 10:57:34 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      > dianejoy@e... writes:
      >
      > << Of course everyone knows it's *mushrooms.* ---djb. >>
      >
      > right.... so... did they substitute carrrots in the movie, or is
      this a list
      > joke?

      Those are not mutually exclusive options, you know. ;-)

      > I like carrots, but they are not mushrooms....

      Evidently, Peter Jackson would disagree. If you have the intestinal
      fortitude, please see the article from which the carrot reference was
      taken:

      http://netscape.eonline.com/Features/Specials/Lordrings/Location/01030
      1.html

      Here's another of my favorite quotes from it:

      "[Merry and Pippin are] the Fonzies of the town. Everyone thinks
      they're cool--they're the Danny Zukos of the Shire."

      You know, I'm beginning to wonder whether the third movie might end
      with paddy wagons blocking off the army led by Aragorn and Gandalf to
      the gates of Mordor, with constables arresting everyone and shoving a
      hand over the camera lens.

      David Finnamore
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic