3085Re: article on HP and mythopoesis

  • daeron@bellsouth.net
    Mar 2, 2001
      --- In mythsoc@y..., Matthew S Winslow <mithlond@j...> wrote:
      > Here's an interesting article on Harry Potter that talks a bit about
      > mythopoesis. Nothing really new to this group
      [snip]
      > www.cornerstonemag.com/cm/imaginarium/features/muggle.html

      Well, it was new to me. I'm kind of a newbie here. I'm no stranger
      to the fictional works of Lewis and Tolkien but I did not know what
      the term "mythopoesis" meant nor that they had coined it. I can see
      that it's going to be something of a life changing concept for me.

      Is the definition in the above referenced article satisfactory for
      everyone? Is there a better or more complete one I should know of?
      Where can I find a more thorough discussion of the idea, preferably
      by Lewis or Tolkien?

      David Finnamore
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic