3013Re: [mythsoc] Re: Novelists influenced by C. S. Lewis

  • jen stevens
    Feb 5, 2001
      Don,

      Not to contradict your point of view, but while I agree that Philip Pullman
      isn't a "descendent" of Lewis, I do think that it can be _very_ interesting
      to look at people that reacted to or against other writers. Sort of the
      "anxiety of influence" thing.

      (of course, I also just like Pullman :)

      - Jen Stevens

      ps John White is one of many writers that admits to having been _very_
      influenced by Lewis (ok, more than influenced!). His very different
      treatment of the Spenser image of Goldcoffin's chamber is rather
      interesting....