2676Re: [mythsoc] Pullman about Lewis

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Oct 31, 2000
      Well, I visited two or three of the URLs Ted gave. Came away fiercely
      irritated, I fear. What =is= this cr*p about the Christian Heaven being a
      sell, because "here and now is all there is, and it's all beautiful and
      wonderful and ecstatic" (approx quote)

      The man should be sentenced to nurse a terminal cancer patient, or live in a
      third-world slum for years, to cure him of producing that sort of nonsense.

      I am trying to re-read vols 1 and 2 and have a reserve at the library on vol
      3, since this trilogy is our BUTTERBUR'S WOODSHED topic for January. But it
      is going to be tough sledding. In fact I just got through the part of vol 1
      in which Mrs Coulter's kidnapping of little children is described - it's
      horrifying - this is not a book to put in any =child's= hands in any event.
      Not that most young children's reading skills are up to it.

      Mary S
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic