2665Rowling interview

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Oct 29, 2000
      Thought this was interesting:

      http://www.bcchristiannews.org/weekly/october00/28/news.html

      * October 28 * BC Christian News *

      Harry Potter author confirms she is a Christian

      C.S. Lewis once said the world did not need more Christian novels; rather,
      it needed more novels that happened to be written by Christians.

      Are the Harry Potter books -- a phenomenally successful, and controversial,
      series about a young wizard who learns magic spells and other tricks of the
      trade at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry -- the sort of
      thing Lewis had in mind?

      Could be. J.K. Rowling, author of the books, came to Vancouver this week
      and told The Vancouver Sun's Max Wyman that she does not believe in such
      magic herself, and that, yes, she is a Christian -- "which seems to offend
      the religious right far worse than if I said I thought there was no God.
      Every time I've been asked if I believe in God, I've said yes, because I
      do, but no one ever really has gone any more deeply into it than that, and
      I have to say that does suit me, because if I talk too freely about that I
      think the intelligent reader, whether 10 or 60, will be able to guess
      what's coming in the books."

      In addition, Rowling said it should be "blindingly obvious" that her books
      promote virtue, not evil, and she admitted she has become "impatient" with
      her critics.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic