2659Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 434

  • stephen@stephen.com
    Oct 26, 2000
      I think the Heifer Project is great. For some reason I'm particularly
      tickled by the idea of a gift of Lamas for wool, dung and carrying.

      http://www.heifer.org

      "Domesticated by the Incas 6,000 years ago and selectively bred for their
      gentle nature and fine fiber, llamas appear intelligent and serene. As they
      travel, llamas' padded feet don't damage the fragile terrain and their
      selective browsing doesn't destroy sparse vegetation."