2517Re: Cold Poe

  • vaar aragon
    Oct 3, 2000
      --- In mythsoc@egroups.com, ERATRIANO@a... wrote:
      > In a message dated 10/02/2000 10:51:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      > aragonvaar@h... writes:
      >
      > << > My favorite Poe story is probably "Ligeia."
      >
      > Mine too! & even the movie's halfway cool!
      > >>
      > There's a movie?
      >
      > Lizzie

      Tomb of Ligeia, starring Vincent Price, directed by the notorious
      Roger Corman (but written by a guy who won an Oscar for Chinatown, if
      that means anything). It's mostly told from Lady Rowena's pov, so
      it's sort of Ligeia crossed w/ Du Maurier's Rebecca. A great
      performance by the lead actress, a neat musical score, and a fair
      amount of Poe-tic atmosphere. NOT subtle, but you'd probably already
      guessed that ;)
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic