25092Re: [mythsoc] More tie-in crap from the movies

  • Jason Fisher
    Feb 5 6:39 PM
      "M*vies"? So is "movies" a swear word now?

      From: Carl F. Hostetter <Aelfwine@...>
      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, February 5, 2014 2:25 PM
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] More tie-in crap from the movies

      [...]
      1) Those who search for the m*vies may well already own the books
      2) Those who search for the m*vies on DVD may be only mildly interested in the m*vies, and so not bother to view suggested links to the books.
      3) Those who search for the m*vies on Blu-ray may be such die-hard Tolkien fans that they already own and have read the books, and so not bother to view suggested links to the books.

      It seems to me that it would be very hard to draw conclusions from this sort of statistic. One would really need to poll m*vie-viewers directly, I think.
      [...]
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic