25059Re: _History of the Hobbit_ for Kindle (was Re: Drout in paperback)

  • Westermeyer GS11 Paul W
    Jan 15, 2014
      > Posted by: "John Rateliff" sacnoth@... sacnoth32
      > Date: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:43 pm ((PST))
      >
      > Hi Carl
      > Actually, although the entry in the Kindle store says it's only Volume One (MR BAGGINS), the cover shown is for the one-volume
      > edition. And the actual file when we downloaded it turns out to be both volumes together in that revised second edition (the one that
      > appeared from HarperCollins as THE HISTORY OF THE HOBBIT), complete with the fifth Appendix and the Addendum. It even has the
      > picture of Gandalf's hat, sketchy though that is.
      > --John R.

      I didn't realize a revised edition had come out. Is there a great deal of difference between this one volume revised edition and the original two volume work?

      Paul Westermeyer
      paul.westermeyer@...

      "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
      J. R. R. Tolkien, _The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring_
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic