25053Drout in paperback

  • John Rateliff
    Jan 14, 2014

      On Jan 11, 2014, at 10:16 PM, <emptyD@...> <emptyD@...> wrote:

      Speaking of the ENCYCLOPEDIA, though I'm sure this is old news for some of you: I just learned that it was released last month in a much cheaper paperback version.

      This may have been old news for some, but it was new to me, so I'm glad for the news. Turns out it's available on Kindle as well, and even as a rentable e-book.

      I just found out yesterday that my HISTORY OF THE HOBBIT is now available on Kindle as well, which prompted me to check several other Tolkien titles. It seems to be hit or miss: no titles from Wayne & Christina but did find Shippey's AUTHOR OF THE CENTURY (but not ROAD TO MIDDLE-EARTH), Garth's TOLKIEN & THE GREAT WAR, and Verlyn's SPLINTERED LIGHT (but not INTERRUPTED MUSIC or QUESTION OF TIME). I'm old school enough to prefer paper, but I'm glad to have the option to get such works in searchable electronic format.

      Speaking of which, has anyone checked to see what Tolkien (by & about) might be available on Oyster?

      --John R.
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic