2500Re: [mythsoc] Books and children

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Sep 30, 2000
      In a message dated 9/30/00 2:32:34 PM Central Daylight Time,
      LSolarion@... writes:

      > In a message dated 09/16/2000 9:23:43 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
      > Stolzi@... writes:
      >
      > <<
      > Were there books you loved as a child that wouldn't pass muster now? <<
      >
      > Doctor Doolittle.

      Is that general, or just because of the politically incorrect parts about
      Prince Bumppo, or whatever his name was? I was rather pleased to see there
      is a modern edition which has changed that, so modern children can still read
      them.

      I suspect I'd still like Lofting's curiously dry style and even more dry
      illustrations. I know as a child I loved them, read them over and over.

      The Pushmi-Pullyu was great!

      Mary S
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic