2472Re: [mythsoc] Lilith

  • Juliet Blosser
    Sep 28, 2000
      On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 03:46:43PM -0500, Melinda Jane Harrison wrote:
      > Hi:
      >
      > Excited newbie still buying books. Anyone on the list read Lilith by George
      > MacDonald?

      Lilith is probably my favorite of Macdonald's books, followed
      closely by The Golden Key. I've also read Phantastes but it
      didn't stay with me as much...I remember originally reading Phantastes
      and Lilith in a single volume. The Curdie books and his fairy
      stories are also favorites of mine and definitely worth reading. :)
      A good volume of his fairy stories is still on my to-buy list,
      though I have The Light Princess in a small paperback with illustrations
      by Maurice Sendak.

      > Would like recommendation to MacDonald's work. I already have Morris's
      > work. What
      > about Lord Dunsany's stories. I only have one. And would appreciate any
      > comments
      > on these writers and others of similar time.

      You can find a selection of Dunsany's work at:
      http://www.interlog.com/~case/support/content.html
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic