      Sent: Friday, November 22, 2013 7:43 AM
      Subject: [mythsoc] RE: Tolkien biopic?

       Hi Doug,

          I've been dreading this for years and I had already placed a bet on it this would be coming - no good can come of this as making a whole movie out of the Professor's life -and please accept my apologies for saying so- which was not the most adventurous, so to speak, would be fruitless.

          The only gore you will find is the Great War; the only sex you will find is ... So, as we're talking Hollywood (sex and gore) this can't be right.

          There have been other attempts at doing films. "The Lion Awakes" has been scrapped [http://lewisminute.wordpress.com/faq-the-lion-awakes/]; "Tolkien & Lewis" is still going ahead [http://attractivefilms.com/films/] so I would assume this press release is more about rights and bartering than anything else.

          From an artistic point of view it is rather unfortunate a lot of people with mediocre talents know that mediocre films and books will be picked up for the sake of a quick buck. Might happen to Tolkien as well.

      --
      Best wishes,

      Marcel R. Aubron-Bülles

      Blogger.
      thetolkienist.com/ dertolkienist.de/ macrobee.de

      Freelance writer.
      Phantastik-Couch. http://www.phantastik-couch.de
      Nautilus. http://www.abenteuermedien.de/

      Freelance translator.
      http://marcel-buelles.de/blog/?page_id=2
      Most recent: Chloe Neill. Ein Biss zu viel. January 2013

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic