24615Etymology of planetary names in the Lewis Space triology

  • Boldingbroke
    Oct 15 10:05 AM
      This week while at the Seattle Antiquarian Book Fair, I met a lovely gentleman in his '90s named Mr. Stott. He was looking for Charles Williams works and we started to talk about the Inklings. He had attended a conference and asked some expert about the inspiration for nomeclature in the Space trilogy, specifically Malacandra and Perelandra.

      Does anyone in the list have pointers to a website, book or article so that I can answer his question the next time we meet?

      Thanks,
      Sharon

      --
      Sharon L. Bolding, PhD