24574Re: An eventual home for my Inklings et al collection

  • SherryT
    Aug 8, 2013
      Jason, Janet, thank you both for your prompt responses! And I was concerned that I would hear only crickets in the night!

      Jason, I'll contact the Cushing Library.

      Janet, could you ask someone in UO Library Collections to "predict" whether the library might be interested in my collection in as little as one year or in as long as +20? They do have a crystal ball, right? It might help them make a decision if you give them my LibraryThing URLs.

      In either case, I would prefer a firm show of interest from an institution before writing this part of my will.

      I expect to provide some funding toward the cost of cataloging as part of the bequest. As I mentioned in the earlier email, I've seen how the influx of hundreds of books can go down--from the other side. ;-D

      Under the Mercy

      SherryT

      "Shadow Harper" in UnCONventional  http://tinyurl.com/ UnCONventional22

      Narentan Tumults #1:   SEABIRD http://tinyurl.com/bl7kavr

      Narentan Tumults #2:  EARTHBOW: Vol.1 http://tinyurl.com/Earthbow1
                                      Vol.2 http://tinyurl.com/Earthbow2

      Right now, our SF is pretty much concentrated in the 50s-early 80s era, so a more recent collection would be a welcome addition!
      Janet

      Janet Brennan Croft
      Associate Professor
      Head of Access Services
      University of Oklahoma Libraries
      Bizzell 106NW
      Norman OK 73019
      405-325-1918
      Fax 405-325-7618
      Book Review Editor of Oklahoma Librarian http://www.oklibs.org/oklibrarian/current/index.html
      “Almost as entertaining as the guy with a tank full of scorpions. But not quite.” OKC Mensa, after I lectured on Tolkien and war.

       -------------

      Hi, Sherry. Great thing you're doing here! Please allow me recommend the Science Fiction and Fantasy Research Collection at the Cushing Library at Texas A&M University (my alma mater, coincidentally). I've visited the collection, and they have some incredible stuff -- for example, they hold all of George R.R. Martin's manuscripts and papers. Although they're already one of the best such collections in the country, maybe the world, they could always benefit from more material.

      Best,
      Jason

      #29 to #35, #38, and #47 to #49. And any other fanzine even remotely linked to
      Elvish languages, too. Just let me know if you are willing to sell any.

      Thank you,
      Damien

      PS: My apologizes for all those who do not feel concerned by these requests.

      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Mem Morman <mem@...> wrote: > > Jeremy, > I have a couple of very old Parmas but will have to search them out. > I'll let you know what I have and if you want them they are yours. > Mem > > On 7/8/2013 5:59 PM, Jeremy Edmonds wrote: > > Hi all, > > > > I am looking for a few of the (long out of print) original back issues > > of Parma Eldalamberon - specifically #3 (not a photocopy), #9 and #10. > > Anyone have these laying around? Other issues or larger sets are > > potentially ok too if you are looking to clear some shelf space. If > > you find any you are willing to sell, I'll make an offer. > > > > Thanks for reading/looking! > > > > Jeremy
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic