24568An eventual home for my Inkling et al collection

  • SherryT
    Aug 7, 2013
      I've been meaning to post this since ever.
      I have a pretty fair collection of Inklings-related books, MythSoc publications, Geo MacDonald writings etc. For years now, I've wanted to come up with a beneficiary for the collection for my will. Preferably an organization of some kind rather than an individual collector, but that's as may be. I don't have a will yet because I don't know what to do about this stuph.

      You can find most of my books catalogued at LibraryThing.

      Everything I've entered to date, arranged by author:

      For a list of subcategories in my collection, see my profile: http://www.librarything.com/profile/SherryThompson

      Warning #1: many of the works listed at LT have nothing to do with the Inklings! However you can search the collection by author, etc.
      Warning #2: very few MythSoc publications have been entered to date. However, there are bunches.
      Warning #3: I'm 66 so, if God sees fit, the reading & implementation of my will may be decades away. Or not. ;-D   )
      Warning #4: Please don't recommend regular public or generic academic libraries. I worked at an academic library for 35 years, and also part time at a public library. I know what will happen to the collection if it's donated to an organization that doesn't already have an interest in the Inklings. If collectively those libraries are Scylla, then Charybdis is any organization with an interest in the Inklings but which already owns virtually everything I do.

      And there you are... Thanks!

      Under the Mercy
      SherryT

      "Shadow Harper" in UnCONventional  http://tinyurl.com/UnCONventional22

      Narentan Tumults #1:   SEABIRD http://tinyurl.com/bl7kavr

      Narentan Tumults #2:  EARTHBOW: Vol.1 http://tinyurl.com/Earthbow1
                                                            Vol.2 http://tinyurl.com/Earthbow2

      #29 to #35, #38, and #47 to #49. And any other fanzine even remotely linked to
      Elvish languages, too. Just let me know if you are willing to sell any.

      Thank you,
      Damien

      PS: My apologizes for all those who do not feel concerned by these requests.

      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Mem Morman <mem@...> wrote: > > Jeremy, > I have a couple of very old Parmas but will have to search them out. > I'll let you know what I have and if you want them they are yours. > Mem > > On 7/8/2013 5:59 PM, Jeremy Edmonds wrote: > > Hi all, > > > > I am looking for a few of the (long out of print) original back issues > > of Parma Eldalamberon - specifically #3 (not a photocopy), #9 and #10. > > Anyone have these laying around? Other issues or larger sets are > > potentially ok too if you are looking to clear some shelf space. If > > you find any you are willing to sell, I'll make an offer. > > > > Thanks for reading/looking! > > > > Jeremy
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic