      From: Michael Ward
      Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 2:48 PM
      Subject: C.S. Lewis in Poets' Corner

      Dear Subscribers to Lewis in Poets' Corner,

      This is to let you know that registration has formally opened for the events in Westminster Abbey this coming November.

      With exactly four months to go, the whole occasion is shaping up very nicely indeed.

      Rowan Williams, former Archbishop of Canterbury, and now Master of Magdalene College, Cambridge, will be the preacher at the Thanksgiving Service on 22nd November, during which the memorial in Poets' Corner will be unveiled.

      The Abbey has commissioned a Choral Anthem to be sung at the Service, a setting of Lewis's poem, "Love's As Warm As Tears".  The identity of the composer is not yet being revealed, but he's a very prominent British composer and it's splendid that he has agreed to be involved in this commission.

      As regards the Panel Discussion on Thursday 21st November, philosopher and apologist, William Lane Craig, has agreed to join the Panel, as we discuss Lewis's legacy in the 21st Century.

      To book your free tickets, please visit: http://www.westminster-abbey. org/whats-on/events/2013/ november/c.s.-lewis-symposium- and-commemoration

      As you will see from the Abbey website, if you want to come to ONLY the Service on Friday 22nd November, you need to write in the old-fashioned way, enclosing a self-addressed envelope, to Matthew Arnoldi at the address given.

      If you want to come to BOTH the Thursday events AND the Friday events, you don't need to write to Matthew Arnoldi because your tickets can be given to you in person on Thursday 21st.  You will be able to register for the Friday Service as part of your registration for the Thursday Symposium.

      Finally, if you haven't yet contributed to the Memorial Stone, please do!  We have so far raised about half of the sum total and need another £10,000 to make the whole thing happen.  Though this sounds like a lot of money, remember that the Abbey is a listed building (probably Number 1 on the List!) and anything that affects its fabric has to be carried out to the highest standards in both design and materials.  Additionally, a small sum is required for the permanent upkeep of the memorial.  And lastly, some of the costs of the memorial service itself (e.g. printing of the Order of Service) need to be covered.  The Abbey has kindly agreed to close itself to visitors for much of Friday 22nd November, thus forgoing huge amounts of revenue from entrance charges, but without passing on that cost to the sponsors of the memorial project.

      To make a donation, please visit www.lewisinpoetscorner.com

      You may also be interested in these interviews I have given about the memorial project, one written, one audio:

      http://www.lanciaesmith.com/ 2013/07/michael-ward- interview-on-the-c-s-lewis- memorial-in-poets-corner-part- 1/

      http://allaboutjack.podomatic. com/entry/2013-07-03T04_44_42- 07_00

      Please help spread the word among your friends and networks.

      I look forward to seeing many of you in November.

      With kind regards,

      Dr Michael Ward
      Senior Research Fellow
      Blackfriars Hall
      University of Oxford

      along with co-sponsors of the project:

      Prof. Alister McGrath, King's College, London
      Prof. Helen Cooper, Magdalene College, Cambridge
      The Oxford C.S. Lewis Society
      Michael Ramsden, The Oxford Centre for Christian Apologetics
      Dr Judith Wolfe, St John's College, Oxford

      Under the Mercy