24463Re: [mythsoc] Re: Writers at Mythcon

  • Linda DeMars
    Jun 17, 2013
      Agree with your essay.  Did you ever run across a short story on LJ-I thought that was where I saw it a few years ago- which brings Susan back in contact with Aslan and a second chance.  I thought I read it around Christmas one year. I really liked it and wish I knew where that link was so I could reread it.

      Linda DeMars

      On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 9:16 AM, R.J. Anderson <rjawriter@...> wrote:

      Thanks for the mention, Leslie.

      To clarify a bit, I've published a trilogy of middle grade fantasy novels (KNIFE aka SPELL HUNTER, REBEL aka WAYFARER, and ARROW) and a duology of teen SF novels (ULTRAVIOLET and QUICKSILVER).

      I count Lewis, Tolkien and MacDonald among my earliest influences, as well as E. Nesbit, Patricia McKillip, Ursula LeGuin and others frequently mentioned in a mythopoeic context. All my books deal with the numinous in the modern world, with a preference for rural or suburban settings rather than urban.

      If anyone would like to find out more about the books or read some of my essays on fantasy and SF, my website is at http://www.rj-anderson.com/ .

      Of particular interest to list members may be my essay on the Problem of Susan (http://rj-anderson.livejournal.com/176635.html), where I finally lost patience with the people who insist that Susan was "denied heaven" for liking lipstick; and my interview with Mike Duran (http://mikeduran.com/2012/02/interview-w-ya-fantasist-r-j-anderson/) about the spiritual value of fantasy literature.

      I apologize for not having properly introduced myself to the list before! I look forward to meeting many of you at Mythcon.

      Urendi Maleldil,
      (R.J. Anderson)

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic