24418Re: [mythsoc] a post of interest to nobody

  • James Curcio
    Jun 11, 2013

      I think "amusement park ride" sums up exactly what we're getting with these movies. And they aren't all THAT bad, so long as it's assumed from the getgo that this is a spectacle based on the Hobbit, more than the story itself.

      That said, only in fantasy & sci fi fandom would we get near literal second-by-second snarky commentary on a short film trailer. ;) So it's good to see that some things will never change in Middle Earth, even if all the new neon signs are a bit garish.

      On Jun 11, 2013 5:36 PM, "David Bratman" <dbratman@...> wrote:

      Those who want to shut their eyes to anything less than worshipful about
      their favorite moviemaker will not want to read my trailer critic edition on
      The Hobbit part 2.

      Those who hate the movies more than I do (which includes just about
      everybody who hates the movies) will not want to read it, because you have
      to watch the trailer itself for it to make sense.

      Nevertheless it may be found at kalimac.blogspot.com, and parts of it are
      intended to be funny.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic