24400Re: [mythsoc] That's what Tolkien needs all right - elf love stories

  • aveeris523
    Jun 9, 2013
      Somewhere Mary began to be referred to as the Queen of Heaven. In the Book of Jeremiah the Jewish people were warned to stop making crescent-shaped cakes in honor of the Queen of Heaven (who I believe was Astarte, maybe Ashtaroth. I'll need to check)
      In a message dated 06/09/13 13:46:31 Pacific Daylight Time, jrr@... writes:

      I was not aware that Mary replaced Astarte as the Queen of Heaven.

      What happened to Astarte?  (Since it probably wasn't a promotion!)

    • Show all 31 messages in this topic