      Sent: Friday, April 26, 2013 12:19 AM
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Fwd: historic audio/video recordings

      The Wikipedia entry will tell you most of what you want to know about Dyson:

      He's buried in the same cemetery as Charles Williams.  I remember visiting that cemetery while living in England.  He seems to be known among most Inklings fans as the one who made the vulgar quote about how much he disliked The Lord of the Rings as Tolkien read it to the group in manuscript.  Darling is usually considered quite a good film.  Julie Christie won an Oscar for her performance in it.  Oh, and he's also known as one of the two people (along with J. R. R. Tolkien) who, in a famous conversation that lasted much of one night, persuaded C. S. Lewis to become a Christian.  I would say that he's pretty important to the history of the Inklings.