24216Re: [mythsoc] after all the hobbet movies are out in witch order do people think they should be watched?

  • Tony Zbaraschuk
    Apr 12, 2013
      On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 12:45:17AM -0400, Mich wrote:
      > Hi all. after all the hobbit movies are out in witch order do
      > people think they should be watched. what I mean is do people think
      > that the story between the hobbit and lotr if watched all together
      > back to back will make for a smooth story ark?

      That may depend on how well the latter two movies blend into the first.
      My impression, for what it's worth, from watching the first Hobbit
      movie is that there were A LOT of scenes which were intended very
      specifically to evoke moments from the LOTR films, so it would probably
      be better to watch them in release order rather than internal
      chronological order.

      > I also would like to know if people think that Jackson and ilk are
      > going to be seen as the George lukis of Tolkien? meaning that the
      > original star wars series episodes 4 to 6 were allot better then
      > say episodes 1 to 3. from Mich.

      Insufficient Data, at present. LOTR is certainly a larger and deeper
      story than that of the Hobbit, but the quality of film-making is a
      separate layer on top of that.

      Tony Zbaraschuk
      --
      There is a reason most German philosophy scholarship consists of
      trying to parse what German philosophers actually meant.