      From: "C.S. Lewis Foundation" <steven@...>
      Date: March 18, 2013, 1:37:43 PM PDT
      To: correspondence@...
      Subject: Super Early Bird Discount for San Diego Conference Expires Wednesday

      If you're having trouble viewing this email, you may see it online.

      Share This:

      June 21-23

      Event Home

      Speakers & Artists

      Location & Lodging

      Academic Roundtable

      Sponsor the Conference

      Registration

      Super Early Bird Pricing Expires Wednesday!

      The 2013 C.S. Lewis Summer Conference in San Diego Super Early Bird discount is still available! Sign up before March 20 and you will save $50 off of the regular conference registration rate.

      We invite you to join us in San Diego, from June 21 to 23, as we celebrate the inspiring life and enduring legacy of C.S. Lewis with many of the leading Lewis scholars of our time.

      If you are interested in signing up, please visit our registration page.

      Painting by Randall Hasson, the image is from our 50th Anniversary Celebration of C.S. Lewis's legacy.

      Confirmed Speakers Announced

      We've just announced several confirmed speakers and artists for the Summer Conference (in alpha order):

      Speakers

      • James Como, lecturer and author of Why I Believe Narnia: Thirty-three Essays and Reviews on the Life and Work of C. S. Lewis
      • Paul Ford, Professor and author of Companion to Narnia
      • Diana Pavlac Glyer, Professor and author of The Company They Keep: C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien as Writers in Community
      • Malcolm Guite, Chaplain, poet, and author of Faith Hope and Poetry and Sounding the Seasons
      • Peter Kreeft, lecturer and author of C.S. Lewis for the Third Millennium
      • Andrew Lazo, Lewis scholar and speaker, editor of Mere Christians: Inspiring Stories of Encounters with C.S. Lewis
      • Richard Platt, scholar and author of As One Devil to Another

      Artists

      • Steve Bell, musician and guitarist, whose most recent album Keening for the Dawn was released in 2012
      • Anthony Lawton, Founder of The Mirror Theatre Company and professional actor, well-known for his adaptations of The Screwtape Letters and The Great Divorce
      More speakers, session leaders, and artists to be announced!

      Conference Theme

      Living the Legacy: The Vision, Voice, & Vocation of C.S. Lewis

      Nearly fifty years after his death, the popularity and relevance of C.S. Lewis continues to increase.

      His books, published in many languages, remain perennial bestsellers and continue to inspire both children and adults alike, while his academic ideas continue to inform key debates in a number of fields.

      But why? What aspects of this towering scholar and exemplary Christian believer continue to make Lewis such a major figure in both the Christian world and the culture at large?

      • His vision – of the human past and his prophetic view of the issues in our current age offer us trustworthy guidance as we navigate through the troubled waters of contemporary culture.
      • His voice – eloquently and cheerfully challenges us, not only to attend to his wisdom, but also to develop our own voice to speak into a lost and dying world.
      • His vocation – particularly as an intellectual who was unapologetic about his Christian convictions and who was a shining example of authentically-lived faith – stands as a legacy we would do well to study and cultivate in ourselves.

      First among this year long celebration of Lewis's legacy will be the C.S. Lewis Summer Conference in San Diego, CA, featuring many of the leading Lewis scholars of our time.

      In June 2013, we invite you to join us as we celebrate the life and legacy of C.S. Lewis.

      Register today!

      C.S. Lewis Foundation
      Physical Address: 1725 Orange Tree Lane, Suite C, Redlands, CA 92374

      Mailing Address: P.O. Box 8008, Redlands, CA 92375

      1-888-CSLEWIS info@...

      The C.S. Lewis Foundation is a non-partisan, non-sectarian, donor supported 501(c)3 corporation.

      PO Box 8008 | Redlands, CA 92375 US

      This email was sent to correspondence@.... To ensure that you continue receiving our emails, please add us to your
      address book or safe list.

      manage your preferences | opt out using TrueRemove™

      Network for Good
      EmailNow powered by Emma