      Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2013 2:56 PM
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Re: McGrath bio of Lewis

      I agree with you, Margaret about Joy.  What is the problem with Lewis' literary scholarship?

      Linda C. DeMars

      On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 3:07 PM, Margaret L. Carter <mlcvamp@...> wrote:

      "C.S. Lewis was a giant of science fiction and Christian apology. But what
      of his literary scholarship, or his marriage to an American gold digger?"

      "Gold digger"? Good grief. It's reasonable to point out that his relationship with Joy Davidman was more complex than the "sentimentalized" popularly known version, but I have never read any indication that Joy was THAT.

      Margaret Carter

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic