24121Re: [mythsoc] Tolkien and Musical Parody

  • Ellen
    Feb 10, 2013
      Thanks, Beregond--this is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for!

      Ellen Denham

      On 2/9/13 2:07 PM, "Beregond, Anders Stenström" wrote:

      Ellen wrote:
      > Yes--I was talking about Tolkien writing poems to pre-existing tunes, as
      > well as Tolkien using musical parody in its other senses, e.g., writing
      > a poem in the same metrical rhythm of or in imitation of another poem

      In _The Chesterton Review_ Vol.XXVIII, Nos.1&2, there is an
      article by Clive Tolley, "Tolkien's 'Essay on Man': A Look at
      _Mythopeia_", about Tolkien in his poem "Mythopoeia" using the form
      of Alexander Pope's "Essay on Man" and "Essay on Criticism".
      (There is currently a used copy on Amazon.com.)

      Chivalrously,

      Beregond

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic