24110Re: [mythsoc] Tolkien as a gateway drug

  • C.N. Bartch
    Feb 6, 2013

      Just because I haven't seen anybody mention them yet, I'll throw in that one of the series I've enjoyed the most after Tolkien drew me into fantasy is the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.

      ~Chris B.

      On Feb 5, 2013 5:02 AM, "shawnareppert" <evenstar@...> wrote:

      OK, here's a question for the group to get some discussion going:

      If Tolkien was for you, as it was for me, your first step into fantasy literature addiction, what was your next step down the path?

      For myself, it was Robin Hood by Paul Creswick. Not strictly fantasy, but it had the same feel, the same elevated language, milieu, heroism and concern for honor.

      Anyone else?

      --Shawna Reppert

      author of The Stolen Luck, coming soon from Carina Press

      www.ShawnaReppert.com

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic