23996Re: [mythsoc] Smithsonian does The Hobbit

  • Morgan Thomsen
    Jan 4, 2013

      However, I have recently become aware (via Wikipedia, Source Of All
      Knowledge), that there's a Games Workshop miniatures game based on LotR
      which is said to include the two Blue Wizards sans name. If that's true,
      then it establishes precedent (one of the annoying things about
      copyright and trademark violations is that you have to be vigilant and
      react as soon as they occur; delay weakens yr case against them).

      I've sporadically tried to follow the Games Workshop releases, and from what I know they haven't released any Blue Wizards figurines. A Games Workshop supplement, however, mentions and provides gaming statistics for two unnamed Wizards, for which they invented the names Naurandir and Sûlrandir (thus apparently avoiding legal issues).

      Some Games Workshop fans discuss the two Wizards at the following web page: http://www.one-ring.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=20710

      /Morgan Thomsen
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic