      Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 7:58 AM
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] RPG fiction

      Intresting comparison. I'd agree that rpg campaigns don't tend to produce the same feelings of sponteneous joy as playing music with others (my genre is folk rather than jazz, but folk sessions share much in common with improvised jazz). But certainly the same sensation of togetherness, of being connected at a deeper level than normal conversation and interaction can offer, by the creation of music in a group, and the creation of an imagined world in an rpg.