      From: Doug Kane
      Sent: Friday, December 14, 2012 5:50 PM
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] The Hobbit Movie (no spoilers)

      I'm shocked! Winking smile emoticon

      Sent: Friday, December 14, 2012 2:24 PM

      I also am just back from the Hobbit movie.

      2D, 24 fps, and I still feel as if I've been bludgeoned by a giant stick.

      Nobody who loves the book should be wooed thereby into seeing this movie (unless, poor sods like me, they feel they have to). Nobody.

      And this reaction has nothing to do with "purism." That was the least of the problems.

      I doubt I'll have any more to say until my bruises begin to heal.